The Doctor’s Wife is episode 4 of the new series and is on 14th May 2011. This weeks episode is The Curse of the Black Spot.
Doctor Who Magazine had a synopsis for Episode 4 which is written by Neil Gaiman. Possible spoilers ahead.
The TARDIS, drawn off course by the most unlikely distress signal, materialises outside of time and space itself. In this bubble universe, the Doctor meets Idris (Suranne Jones) and her aunt and uncle, who live together in a scrapyard of impossible things. Idris, it seems, is mad. And when the Doctor finds out why she is the way she is, things start to get a bit complicated. And unmentionable.
They also have some cool quotes from a scene in the episode:
The Doctor: “Time Lord emergency messaging system. Like a flare pistol. In an emergency, we’d wrap up our thoughts in psychic containers and send them through time and space. OK, not like a flare pistol. Anyway there’s a living Time Lord still out there! And it’s one of the good ones!”
Rory: “You said there weren’t any Time Lords left.”
Doctor: “There aren’t. No Time Lords left anywhere in the universe. But the universe isn’t where we’re going.”
Then there are these other things from the episode.
- This story will change the way we see a key part of series’ mythology.
- We see an infinite TARDIS corridor.
- Originally there was a “TARDIS hall of mirrors” that instead got replaced with an “Ood being really scary in the dark”.
- There was going to be a TARDIS swimming pool scene, but it was too expensive to film.
- The episode was originally going to have Rory trapped in the Zero Room.
I am so glad we will be getting to see some more of the TARDIS interior. Any thoughts or ideas on what the Doctor’s Wife is all about?Powered by Sidelines