Chris Lee has decided that his aim is to build a life size version of Han Solo’s Millennium Falcon from Star Wars. The build is taking place just west of Nashville, Tennessee USA.
At first I was all “What the hell?” then I was all “That is so cool.”
Here is what Chris has to say about it:
This is a quest to build the ultimate Star Wars prop: a 1:1 scale ESB/ANH hybrid Millennium Falcon with complete, correctly scaled interior. Yes, I have completely lost my mind, just like most of my friends and family say. Except for my close Star Wars fan friends, who say “cool, can I help?”.
The actual size of the Millenium Falcon is:
- Length: 114 feet
- Beam (docking ring to docking ring): 81.485 feet
- Height to top of body (not counting quad-laser turret): 24.878 feet
- Height to top of dish: 30.889 feet
- Clearance: ground to landing gear bay level: 7.779 feet
- Clearance: ground to outside bottom of cockpit tube: 13.081 feet
It is a fan driven project that Lucas Films know about. You can head on over to the official site and donate money to help this get made. If you have any model making skills you may even be able to help build it.
Here are a few photos showing some of the cockpit that has been built.