Before Batman Begins, the Spider-Man trilogy, The Amazing Spider-Man, X-Men, Man of Steel and many other comic book type movies, there was Darkman. Sam Raimi’s classic (is it a classic? I enjoy the hell out of it so let’s call it a classic) is getting a lovely Blu-ray release from Scream Factory.
The press release below has all the info.
SCREAM FACTORY will release DARKMAN COLLECTOR’S EDITION Blu-ray, featuring all-new interviews with Liam Neeson, Frances McDormand, Larry Drake, Danny Hicks, make-up effects artist Tony Gardner, production designer Randy Ser, art director Philip Dagort and much more! This definitive collector’s edition also contains a collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork, a reversible cover wrap with original theatrical key art. A must-have for loyal fans, movie collectors and pop culture and comic book enthusiasts to complete their entertainment library, DARKMAN COLLECTOR’S EDITION Blu-ray is priced to own at $29.93 SRP.
In the darkest hour, there’s a light that shines on every human being, but one….
Liam Neeson and Frances McDormand star in this explosive, action-packed thriller from director Sam Raimi. Dr. Peyton Westlake (Neeson) is on the verge of realizing a major breakthrough in synthetic skin when his laboratory is destroyed by gangsters. Having been burned beyond recognition and forever altered by an experimental medical procedure, Westlake becomes known as Darkman, assuming alternate identities in his quest for revenge and a new life with a former love (McDormand).
- Interviews with Liam Neeson and Frances McDormand
- MY NAME IS DURANT – interview with Larry Drake
- THE FACE OF REVENGE – interview with Makeup Designer Tony Gardner
- HENCHMAN TALES – interviews with actors Danny Hicks and Dan Bell
- DARK DESIGN – interview with Production Designer Randy Ser and Art Director Philip Dagort
- Audio Commentary with Director of Photography Bill Pope
- Vintage “making of” and interview featurettes featuring interviews with Sam Raimi, Liam Neeson, Frances McDormand and more
- Vintage full-length interviews, not used in the featurettes, with Sam Raimi, Liam Neeson and Frances McDormand
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Stills Galleries – Posters and Production Stills, Behind the Scenes, Make-up Effects and Storyboards